Toronto Estate Planning Lawyers
Wills, Power of Attorney, Estate Planning in Toronto, Ontario
McMaster, McIntyre & Smyth, LLP - wills, power of attorney, estate planning lawyers in Toronto, serves clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), including the communities of regions of Peel, York, Durham, Halton, Etobicoke and surrounding areas.
Estate planning does not have to be difficult or complicated. An experienced estate planning lawyer simplifies the process and helps clients make informed decisions.
At McMaster, McIntyre & Smyth, LLP, we guide clients through a straightforward process to build an estate plan that works for each individual's situation. It is never too early to craft an estate plan. A thoughtful estate plan put in place with the help of an experienced Toronto estate planning lawyer can ensure that your family, beneficiaries, health and wealth are protected according to your wishes.
A customized estate plan provides peace of mind: in life, sickness and death, protections are in place.
Experienced and Dependable Service
Our lawyers provide valuable counsel to people of a variety of income levels and backgrounds throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We have been serving generations of families since our law firm's founding in 1902, and our reputation for thorough legal work continues to bring new clients in the door. Today, our lawyers and staff also make our services available in Cantonese, Polish, Ukrainian, German and Maltese.
The Foundations of Estate Planning
A sound estate plan is anchored by your will. Around a comprehensive last will and testament, we can organize other components of the estate plan that are right for you as necessary, including:
- Trusts to protect beneficiaries and ensure planned distribution of assets.
- Living will to establish advance health directives and a hierarchy of who will have power of attorney over your personal care and health care decisions if you become incapacitated or unable to make decisions.
- Power of attorney for property to appoint who will have power of attorney over your property if you become incapacitated or unable to make decisions.
- Appointing a trustee to manage distribution of the estate, income tax reporting, mediation of claims by creditors and beneficiaries, estate administration (probate) and passing of accounts.
- Business succession to reduce tax exposure, manage risk, protect assets and plan for smooth transition of management.
- Tax planning to create efficiencies and reduce burdens while assets, including property, are distributed among beneficiaries.
We can advise you on the best options and structure for your particular situation. You can begin laying a foundation to accomplish your long-term goals, protect yourself and loved ones in a variety of unforeseen situations and foster prosperity for your beneficiaries.
Contact a Probate and Estate Planning Lawyer